SLACYS has gotten off to a great start, and we have lots of things planned for this term. Today’s meeting saw the executive members present their reader resources created for Hana’s Suitcase last term in LIS9362 Materials for Older Children (8-12 years). Exec members shared why they created the resources they did, and how the resources could be used in library programs.
SLACYS is planning a number of exciting events and meetings for the term. A tentative schedule follows, but dates and activities are subject to change.
- October 7 & 8 – Cider Sale Fundraiser
- October 11 – Regular Meeting, including presentations on early numeracy, music in storytimes, banned books
- October 27 or 29 – Toronto trip in conjunction with SLA
- November 4 & 11 – Planning & rehearsal for outreach with London Public Library
- November 14 – Outreach at London Public Library
- November (date TBA) – Wine Bar trip
- November 25 – Guest speaker (TBA)
- December 9 – Christmas Party
New members are always welcome. Check the blackboard to confirm meeting dates, times & room numbers.